The mission of the Entrepreneurs Committee is to:
- Foster and support the growing entrepreneurial segment by offering programs that allow members to explore entrepreneurship as a career option;
- Provide opportunities for entrepreneurs/business service providers to develop key entrepreneurship skills and thrive in their businesses;
- Provide a platform for entrepreneurs/business service providers to develop strategic alliances with fellow FWA entrepreneurs and our corporate members.
The Entrepreneurs Committee has a long history of programming to support the development of entrepreneurial skills by, providing networking opportunities and skill development targeted to support their businesses. The Entrepreneur of the Year Awards program, currently on hiatus, has honored many prominent and successful women.
The FWA broadly defines “Entrepreneur.” We focus on business owners, consultants and solo-preneurs, as well as professionals in sales positions under a corporate umbrella and creative, entrepreneurial professionals in a wide range of job functions in the corporate sector.
The committee meets monthly and includes networking among members, brainstorming event ideas, surfacing prospective speakers and topics. We generally go out for dinner after the meeting to continue networking.
Leadership Meeting Schedule (Committee)
The Committee meets once a month.
The Entrepreneurs Committee generally sponsors 5-8 events per year, including luncheons, panel discussions, evening speakers and always including networking for attendees. Highlights from the last two years include:
- After the Handshake: Networking and Shopping at Molton Brown
- What Keeps an Entrepreneur Up at Night?
- Power Up Your Business Presence
- How to Win in Life, Love and Business Using the Principles of Poker (even if you don’t know how to play the game)
- Angel Investing
- The Only Woman… With a Seat At the Table
- LinkedIn 101
- B2B Networking and Shopping at Molton Brown
- The Bottom Line: Seven Ways to Double Revenue in Tough Times
- From Wall Street to Your Street: Taking the Leap to Entrepreneurship
- Buying a Business: New Opportunities in Today’s Environment
- Pricing in the New Economy: Structuring Fees and Terms That Work For You
Our events have broad appeal and are attended by FWA members and non-members, representing a wide range of professionals — entrepreneurs and corporate professionals. All of our programs aim to help attendees raise their level of success, whether by developing or improving skills, to learning a new approach to common challenges, to strengthening their professional image. - Committee Co-chairs
Views from committee members
“I have made valuable connections for my business and for myself personally.”
“The FWA has been a terrific organization for networking to develop my business and learn skills that help me grow personally and professionally.”
“I love the opportunity to give back to the community of professional women and have also made great contacts.”