About the Ed Fund
Through the FWA of New York Educational Fund, FWA members engage in outreach programs that support the organization’s mission of encouraging young women to seek career opportunities in business and finance and offering the FWA’s professional development and educational programs for the business community.
Founded as an unincorporated association in 1976, The Educational Fund was granted tax-exempt status as a 501(c)3 charitable organization and incorporated in 1982.
To accelerate the success and leadership of women in the financial community across all industries by advancing careers, fostering alliances and preparing the current and next generation of professionals.
The FWA of New York Educational Fund, a 501(c)3 charitable organization:
- Awards academic scholarships for graduate and undergraduate students
- Mentors for high school and college students
- Provides career education programs for summer interns
- Presents financial literacy programs for both high school students and economically challenged working adults
- Supports microfinance institutions and programming and
- Offers educational and professional development programs for the business community.